Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ad Nerds Invade San Francisco

Tomorrow, San Francisco hosts AdTech, the conference for the interactive marketing industry. These are the folks that deal with advertising and marketing in just about everything that's wired to the Internet, from PCs to Tivos. This is where you'll see many of the big online properties, such as Google and Yahoo. I should probably be there but since we just launched BOTS, there's no chance of that. Hopefully, some of my old industry buddies will send me good tips. Hint hint nudge nudge.

Anyways, the reason I bring this up is that BOTS, as a game and an advertising medium, straddles both the game industry and the ad industry covered by AdTech. Right now, we're not nearly big enough to draw any attention. However, I wonder when our properties do get some traction, will we be accepted by these two groups?

I'd like to think that we're what you would get if Yahoo and EA merged. Positioning yourself is important, it gives people a frame of reference to more easily understand what you're about. Let's see if anyone buys it.

No comments: