Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Throw in some schmear



A square bagel. Hmm. I'm both confused and intrigued at the same time.

That reminds me of a brainstorming exercise I learned a while back. It works something like this.

Take a list of products and create rows with them.

  • Bagels
  • Rolls
  • Plain Bread
  • Muffins
Then create columns with attributes, in this case, shapes
  • Square
  • Round
  • Triangles
  • Cupcakes
Your chart then looks like this.

See any opportunities?

This might be how we got such new products as those square bagels, peanut butter in a tube, soup in a jar and gum in blister packs.

I can think of a few games they've probably made with this method... some very bad games.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recommend additional column "On a stick."

And for advanced research, I'd go with:

- cool ranch
- recycled
- strips
- stuffed crust

Ken said...

I like the latest...
- pomegranate
- chipolte
- ipod-enabled

I absolutely love my ipod-enabled toilet paper dispenser.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/top/exclusive-gizmodo-review-of-the-icarta-ipod-docktoilet-paper-holder-199162.php