Friday, September 01, 2006

May I suggest a little WD40

Suspend disbelief and let's just have fun with this one:

Canadian pilot is locked out of cockpit after going to the bathroom.

"The pilot of a Canadian airliner who went to the washroom during a flight found himself locked out of the cockpit, forcing the crew to remove the door from its hinges to let him back in, the airline said Wednesday."
What's funny is not the initial, "oh my gawd, if you're here, who's flying the plane?" knee-jerk reaction. Rather, it's trying to play out what the co-pilot is thinking:

Should I make an announcement? What should I say? Oh man, this is not in the script. Screw it.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, this is the co-pilot speaking. Please do not be alarmed at the man banging on the cockpit door. He is actually the pilot. David, turn around and give those people a smile will ya?

It appears that our door is jammed. There's nothing to worry about. I can fly the plane until we can get David back in here. I can also assure you that I've only had one cup of coffee before the flight so I can hold it until we land.

If anyone on the plane was able to sneak in a crowbar or a small stick of C4, that would come in handy right now. Please press your call button, a flight attendant will be with you shortly.

I've just been informed that some of you are trying to help with the door. Thanks but please remain seated with your seat belt fastened.

Er...what? Oh ok.

Could the "darker looking" gentleman with the Member's Only jacket please move to the empty seat at the back of the cabin. We'd all feel much more comfortable. Thanks.

We know you have a lot of choices for air travel and we want to thank you for flying Jazz."

via Reuters

No comments: