Sunday, October 01, 2006

There goes the virtual neighborhood

Leo Burnett, a real world ad agency, is setting up a "lab" in Second Life. According to the top creative guy:

"I don't want brands shackled by geography," Burnett's chief creative officer Mark Tutssel is quoted as saying. "It lets all of our (2,400) creatives live in the same place," breaking down physical barriers to interact and share ideas, Tutssel said.
Sorry about that, I should have warned you. Did you bring your boots? Here, you can borrow mine.

That's some serious bullshit. I've been in ad agencies and from what I've seen creatives interact and share ideas like vultures to a fresh carcass. No, this isn't a creative lab, this is a pure PR play. I don't know about you but if I was a Second Lifer, I'd be pissed of all this hijacking going on.

via MarketingVox

No comments: