Monday, February 12, 2007

When your editor is a pussy...

This is a fun one. An AP news story on Yahoo! about Anna Nicole (no, I'm not obsessed, people send me things. I swear!) got edited after publishing but left the versions online (links may not work after a while).

Version 4
headline and text:

"Smith spent final day in gaudy hotel: HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - Anna Nicole Smith spent her final hours in a suite in a hotel as gaudy and over-the-top as the pinup herself..."
Version 5 headline and text:
"Smith spent final day in flashy hotel: HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - Anna Nicole Smith spent her final hours in a suite in a hotel as flashy as the pinup herself..."
Apparently calling a dead pinup "gaudy and over-the-top" is unacceptable to someone's editor. Flashy, well ok, we can live with flashy.

via my buddy Matt, who twice in a month has contributed to BN. For the last time dude, you don't get paid for sending me tips.

No comments: