Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What a difference a quarter column inch makes...

In the previous post, I talk about some recently released stats on gamer attitudes towards in-game ads. Next Generation picked up on the same stats and wrote an article on it. The very last sentence of the article...

"However, other companies' business models, such as the recently re-launched Massive partner Acclaim, will rely primarily on two revenue streams: in-game ads and in-game digital item purchases."

I'm pretty stoked (I grew up in the 80s, I can use this word without shame) that our strategy is being recognized out there. Not necessarily whether or not it's being recognized as good or bad, just that we're doing it. That's a big step towards re-establishing our brand. Excuse me a second while I give myself a proverbial pat on my marketing back. (I seem to be doing that a lot lately, sorry, I'm really not that arrogant, just a little arrogant)

No comments: