Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Woof woof

Ok, still working on the E3 stuff. I'm heading over there in like 30 minutes. I really really intended not to post until it was over but dangit, I couldn't help it.

So.... I turned on the TV today and there was this lady dressed all square and unfluffy and beige... very British... which is good because she is British. They are always so prim and proper those Brits. Ok, that's neither here nor there.

Anyways, this lady wrote a book, titled "Everything I Know about Men, I Learned From My Dog".

.... umm.... oh schnap! No you didn't! I am appalled at the audacity!

Believe it or not, the book is selling really well too. Did some quick research and the marketing is ingenius but I'm not going to cover it because I'm still too offended. The book is a classic example of the flash in a pan approach to sell as quickly as possible based on buzz. Unfortunately, this is not written like a joke gift book. People reading it are probably thinking they're learning something.

Boy, I am really tired of being compared to a dog. I don't even particularly like dogs but I don't think that's why I don't want to be compared to one. It's just: If you treat me like I have the emotional capacity of a dog, that's what you're going to get. Just as if I treat you like an arm ornament, I probably shouldn't complain if you don't join me in a discussion about the socio-economic impact of super-sized fries.

Here's an idea. Let's just sit down with each other and be honest, shall we? By the way, if I screw up, you should probably put down the rolled up newspaper (or tennis racket, heh) and just verbally abuse me.
...
....
...
So umm, yeah, ok... now that I've addressed that...

To my female readers: Please accept my sincerest apologies from the male half of the species for this book(don't worry, it's safe to click), published 4 years prior to the above book.

Hee!

No comments: