Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dell gobbles up Alienware

It's been rumored for several days but officially announced today, Dell acquired privately owned Alienware. (Gamespot article here)

Low cost commodity meets higher-cost customized luxury. I can't wait to see the ugly offspring this union will spawn. Frankly, I think the idea is crazy and bad news for Alienware. It would be like McDonalds acquiring Chipotle...

::huh what?... you're kidding... oh really, they did?::

Ok, nevermind to that. Guess it already happened. Let me see, umm, it would be like Ford acquiring Aston Martin...

::what now? Seriously?! Son of a...::

Ok, maybe this kind of thing has happened before and maybe the better product wasn't negatively affected but I still have a bad feeling about this. Ugly Dell'Alien babies! Does anyone remember the TV mini-series V? That's right, alien-hybrid babies = ugly, just you watch!

(On a serious note, I don't think this is such a big deal. If Dell is smart, they won't change a thing and I think Dell is smart.)

No comments: