Monday, July 10, 2006

Mouthfuls of foot

I love double takes. Usually, I get hit with a couple good ones every day. Today, God was generous:

- There was that little kid outside Panda Express that let out guttural screams at passing cars for no apparent reason.

- The lady across the restaurant that put her cell phone in her cleavage.

- The guy down at the park all tangled around a tree with his three yappy dogs and their three impossibly knotted leashes.

- And just now, not one but two mind-boggling quotes. Let me explain.

#1 Via an E! article: Film makers scored a huge win in court today against companies that edit out "offensive" material in movies and then rent/sell the movies as "cleaned" versions. For instance, in Titanic, they removed the nude scene of Kate Winslet. The court sided with movie makers and ruled that the edited content was a copyright infringement and the "cleaner" companies must cease and desist.

In response to the ruling against him, Ray Lines, the CEO of CleanFlicks says to the Salt Lake City Tribune "We're disappointed. This is a typical case of David vs. Goliath, but in this case, Hollywood rewrote the ending. We're going to continue to fight."

::double take::

In my world, he goes on to say, "Damn straight! No one should be able to rewrite anything except me."

#2 Also via an E! article: Katherine McPhee is sick and is scheduled to miss a few concerts on the American Idol tour. In related news, McPhee revealed last month that she is a long-time sufferer of bulimia. She credits the Idol competition with helping her see the light. She says to People magazine, "That's why I say American Idol saved my life, because if I hadn't auditioned, I don't think I would have gotten a handle on food."

::double take + wtf?::

Did she just say that being on a tv show helped her stop an eating disorder?

Image borrowed from www.katharine-mcphee.net

No comments: