Sunday, April 30, 2006

Microsoft Community Bus, First Stop: E3

Via the official MS game marketing blogs...

Microsoft is going to plant a big bus in front of E3. The purpose? To allow game bloggers to upload posts (only bloggers are allowed to visit).

I think this is a brilliant idea. As a public service, it's probably not incredibly valuable, no matter what they say about people not having room to post blogs within the convention center. This is a great idea because it's inevitably going to pull in the most influential voices in the industry and at the very moment these people are posting about E3, they are surrounded by Microsoft-ness.

I don't care who you are, it's going to be a little tough to say that the Xbox 360 sucks while you probably sip on a complimentary cold beverage, are attended to by attractive representatives and buried in swag. Maybe I'm being cynical but I'm a marketer and I don't think I'm that far off from the truth.

And yes, I've asked to be invited. =)

No comments: